Tour of Flanders Summer Edition
Are you looking forward to taking on the climbs of the Tour in the summer? Then register for the Tour of Flanders summer edition! The circuit gives you a chance to sample both the current and the previous climbs and cobbled sections of the Tour. From the Muur of Geraardsbergen to the Oude Kwaremont and Paterberg duo, nothing is too wild for this sportive. Note Sunday, 8 September in your calendar now, because you don't want to miss this ride along historic roads, do you?
You can choose from 5 distances: 167, 118, 88, 55 and 24 km. The longest distance is for the real 'Flandriens' among us. Are you a novice cyclist? Don't worry, because even at the shorter distances, you'll have the chance to defy a few challenging climbs at your own pace.
The Tour of Flanders
The Tour of Flanders is the undisputed crown jewel in the Flemish spring cycling season. Every year, the peloton strives for victory in the beautiful scenery of the Flemish Ardennes. This iconic race attracts a mass of cycling crazy spectators to Flanders to support their favourite 'Flandrien'. The Oude Kwaremont and the Paterberg offer a spectacle time and again and play a crucial role in the finish. On 7 April 2019, the Italian Alberto Bettiol was crowned the cycling King of Flanders. Will you, like Bettiol, make your breakaway on the Oude Kwaremont? Don't miss the Tour of Flanders Summer Edition, then!
Do you love the legendary climbs and cobblestone stretches of the Flemish Ardennes? And can you not wait to explore them in September? Then the Tour of Flanders Summer Edition is definitely for you. In the 88, 188 or 167 km circuits, you will get a chance to give your legs a good workout. Would you rather experience something more peaceful? Then opt for a shorter distance of 24 or 55 km. Perfect for exploring the Flemish Ardennes with your family or as a novice cyclist.
Fancy a preview of the circuit? Discover the main climbs and cobblestone sections below.
Climbs and cobblestone sections
Less than 400 metres long, but one of the toughest climbs in the Flemish Ardennes. The Paterberg has an average gradient of 12.5%. Since 1986, the peloton has been hurtling over the cobblestones of this hill in Kluisbergen during the Tour of Flanders, now it's your turn!
2. Oude Kwaremont
Since 2012, the Oude Kwaremont has been part of the finish for the pros. It's the penultimate climb challenging the pros. Just as in previous editions of the Tour, this climb may well be the deciding factor. The steepest kilometre has an 11% gradient. Make a breakaway here like Alberto Bettiol did during the last Tour.
The Haaghoek could not be left out of your route, either. This cobbled road in Sint-Kornelis-Horebeke could well provide for a shift in the standings in the most beautiful part of Flanders. After the Haaghoek, the end is still not in sight, because the steep Leberg is waiting for you!
4. Muur van Geraardsbergen
The Muur van Geraardsbergen is certainly not to be ignored. Since 2017, the Muur has again been a highlight in the route of the Tour and so also in your tour. You're confronted by a solid kilometre of cobblestones, with a maximum incline of no less than 20%.
- Insurance (no helmet = not insured)
- Assistants to sign the way / the start/finish
- Plenty of provisions* at each checkpoint, offering 6D sports nutrition and drinks, water and a wide choice of fruit and biscuits
- Technical assistance
- Info card showing the hills, cobblestone sections and provisions zones
- Excellent signage along the route
- Time and video recording for each participant
- Medical service at every checkpoint and at the finish
- Coffee before the race start
- Massage at the race finish
* Provisions given upon presentation of number plate only! Participants without a number plate will not be admitted to the race circuit.
Collection of participation package
We will send you an e-ticket as soon as you register online. Upon presentation of your e-ticket (printed or on a smartphone), you can pick up your number plate at the Scan & Ride desks. Thanks to the Scan & Ride, you don't even have to get off the bike, and you won't lose time at the start of your favourite cycling route!
Would you prefer to register on the spot? You can do this, and then we will give you your number plate immediately after payment.
Register now for the Tour of Flanders Summer Edition and you could be the first in line to register for the Tour of Flanders Cyclo 2020!
Chosen your route? Great! Below you will find all of the rates for the Tour of Flanders Summer Edition.
|Breakaway||8 €||10 €||12 €||15 €||17 €|
||10 €||12 €||15 €||18 €||20 €|
Register now for the early bird rate!
Does the Tour of Flanders Summer Edition sound like your type of thing? Then register now and take advantage of the early bird rate before it's too late!
Do you also want to register for the Tour of Flanders Sportive 2020? After your registration for Tour of Flanders Summer Edition you will receive a confirmation email. It contains a button that will send you directly to the registration page of Tour of Flanders Sportive 2020.
- For a group registration, you must have at least 10 people (across various distances); if you are with fewer persons, your group will be cancelled and you will lose the reservation.
- Group registrations may only be done using the official online registration module. Excel lists etc. are no longer accepted.
- On the registration form, you must first create a group. You will then receive an e-mail with your group name and group code. (You can manage the group at all times with the help of this code and your chosen password (do not forget this!)). Subsequently, you can add or remove participants. Only the group leader may validate participants. You can add as many participants to your group as you wish.
- Registrations can be collected as a single package (all together) or individually. Please clearly indicate this on the registration form. If you choose to collect all race numbers together, this can only be done by the group leader. For individual collections, all participants will receive a separate confirmation e-mail with all information required to successfully collect their race number.
- Once the group is complete, the group leader must pay for the entire group. Registrations are confirmed only when the group has been submitted and paid for. At this time, NO CHANGES may be made to your group. Subsequently, changes to your group can only be made on-the-spot at the registration stand. For this, an administration fee of 5 eur will be charged per change made.
- CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE REGISTRATION MODULE
The organisers advise everyone to avoid any form of strenuous physical activity for which they are not adequately prepared. Make sensible choices about the distance you ride and/or the pace you set for yourself.
Anyone who aims to improve performance and compete at a high intensity should see a (specialised sports) physician annually for a check-up. There is no requirement to produce a medical certificate.
It is up to the participant to decide how to use the information resulting from a medical check-up.
The organisers cannot be held liable in this respect.
The essential Guide for cycling in Flanders
All you ever needed to know about cycling in Flanders. Discover impressive routes, challenging bucket lists and tips to plan your stay!
Take part and support the fight against diabetes!
Diabetes is threatening to become a worldwide epidemic. By 2030 1 out of 10 people will have diabetes, which amounts to over a million people. These numbers are extremely worrying. Type 2 diabetes, the most common type of the disease, is mainly caused by an unhealthy diet and lack of exercise.
That's why we want to pay extra attention to diabetes and show that sportive achievements are perfectly achievable for people with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes, with the required medical supervision. In addition we want to point out the preventative power of exercise in people with a increased risk factor for type 2 diabetes. Exercise is an essential component in both the prevention and treatment of diabetes.
Support the fight against diabetes by adding 5 euro to your registration fee!
We are very much interested in how you have experienced our event. Please send us your remarks, reactions or ideas. We would love to hear from you.